Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Railway memory

George Stephenson, the British engineer who is credited with constructing the first railway was born today in 1781. This got me thinking about how my grandfather worked for British Rail and also about how I've always rather liked traveling by train. I think my grandfather enjoyed his job on the railway worker. One of my favorite stories involving my grandfather was a story about how he pulled a train's fire cord. Apparently he was on a train and saw that a fire had started in one of the cars and my grandfather pulled the fire cord to stop the train.When he was interviewed afterwards all he could say was something to the effect of "I always wanted to pull the fire cord and now I finally got the chance to do it!" I've always liked traveling by trains myself. There's just something nice about it. Wherever you're reading this, I hope you have the opportunity to have a fun train trip. I send everyone best wishes and much love always.

No comments:

Post a Comment