Monday, March 6, 2023

A great concert

 Yesterday I had the privilege of performing with Polymnia Choral Society in a concert called "Considering Mattew Shepard" which is about the life murder, and legacy of Matthew Shepard, a young man who was killed for being gay. In the concert we sang songs from various musical styles to tell Matthew's story. The concert's music and theme stays with me even now that I've finished the concert because it is so moving and its message of love, hope and urging people to be more loving to each other, is very profound to me. Although a recording of this concert isn't available, I encourage people to watch videos of different groups performing this oratorio because it is really powerful. What I like best about it is that it shows how music can tell stories, spread meaningful messages and help people heal. I have posted a recording of a past performance of this work below and I'd encourage everyone to watch. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always.




No comments:

Post a Comment