Sunday, August 6, 2023

Happy National Friendship Day

It's National Friendship Day and so I thought I'd share one of my favorite friendship stories. One day I had to go to the ER due to a sudden illness and a group of friends came with me. While we were waiting for the doctor, in an effort to make me laugh, one of my friends found a bedpan, put it on her head and started singing to me in Spanish. Then she took it off and said something to the effect of "Maggie going to the hospital is such an event, you should take a souvenir, you should take this bedpan!" I then laughed really hard until the doctor came back. Anyway, when I was discharged from the hospital and we were going back home, my friend reached into her purse and out came...the bedpan, which made me laugh more. Then a few weeks later my friend and I went to a holiday gift swap party where we all brought secret gifts for people to choose.  The present my friend brought was rather large and so a bunch of people wanted it. The final receiver of the present opened it to find the bedpan! Anyway, I'm forever grateful to have friends that bring laughter in both really hard and really fun situations. I hope that wherever you are reading this, I hope you have good friends that make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment