Sunday, October 28, 2018

A part of me is still 6

"When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five, I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.”-AA Milne 


I like this quote because I think a part of me has always stayed 6. Now, as then, I still love to hug people, I still hate peas, I'm still stubborn, I still have a temper that shows it's ugly head sometimes and I still love teddy bears. Even though some of these things may change over time, I feel strongly that I'd like a part of me to stay young.  Getting older is serious business but I think staying young at heart makes things more fun. So I've decided a part of me will stay cleverly 6 forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment