Sunday, January 3, 2021

A note about Lord of the Rings Return of the King

 The author J.R.R. Tolkien was born today in 1892 and to celebrate this date I thought I'd share something I liked about the Return of the King book that he wrote as part of the Lord of the Rings series. In that book there's a part in the story that tells of how a hobbit named Merry and a woman named Eowyn kill an evil king that supposedly couldn't be killed. While I don't advocate for violence or killing, this part of the story does remind me that no one's worth should be discounted and people working together can bring down most of the evils in the world and that's a comforting thought. In case you haven't seen the film based on this book,  just for fun  I've enclosed a clip of the scene enacting the story I described. If you're reading this, I hope that you take many opportunities to work with others to make things better for yourself and others. I send you best wishes and much love always.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment