Sunday, February 28, 2021

A book for a shipwrecked situation

 "A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'"- More Quotes by Steven Alexander Wright 

Aside from a book about how to build a boat and other survival techniques (although even with a book I think I'd struggle to build a boat) I think I'd take a book that makes me feel calm. One such book is called A Town Like Alice. It's also in some respects about survival so it could also be a fitting read when stuck on an island. The book is about a woman who survives being taken prisoner in World War II and then  moves to Australia to find the man she loves who saved her when they were prisoners together. I know it sounds like a rather dark book but there are a lot of elements to it that emphasize the importance of being calm and taking things one day at a time and no panicking. Perhaps it won't get me off the island but, I figure a good book is a nice thing to have to cheer me up. If you're reading this and you're going through something difficult, I hope you can find things in your life that cheer you up. I send you best wishes and much love now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment