Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Happiest day

 I was watching the Netflix series Maid and in it, one of the characters leads a writing group where one of the writing exercises was for each person in the group to write about their happiest day. In that spirit, I thought I'd write about a happy day I had.

I think one of my happiest days was my 25th birthday when I decided I'd go out and give hugs to people in Boston with a group of friends. I'd seen a video of a guy doing such an event in Australia and it just looked really fun because it seemed to make people feel happy. I told my friends that if it wasn't fun after 30 minutes we'd go have ice cream or something. We ended up staying out there for 3 hours. We got a really great response too in the sense that people said really nice things to us. There was  guy said one of his relatives had died that week and we'd helped him feel a bit better and another thanked us for "being human in a concrete jungle."  It all made me feel really happy. Then afterwards we all had a nice dinner and went home.  I realize that event is a bit unusual but all I can say is it's always made me feel really good to see others happy and that's why that day was my happiest day. (Although I plan on having many more happy days to come, that day stands out to me always.)  Even though hugging random people isn't healthy now, I still send virtual hugs to everyone now and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment