Friday, August 5, 2022

Directionally challenged

 It always puzzles me why people ask me for directions to go places. Since I have no sense of direction, if someone misguidedly asks me how to get somewhere I start by trying to tell them roughly where things are by the help of landmarks. For example, if I were to try to direct them to my apartment I'd tell them it's next to a supermarket and a gas station. If that instruction didn't help them find my apartment then (providing they have a smartphone)  I'd resort to instructing them in how to use their map app on their phone and hopefully that will empower the person to use said app to get to wherever it is they're going. I personally may not know where anything is direction-wise but I pride myself in my ability to instruct people on the finer points of using map apps! I send much love and best wishes to everyone, and most especially to directionally challenged people everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment