Monday, February 19, 2018

My favorite monument

Since it's President's Day, it got me thinking about how I liked going to see the monuments to the presidents in Washington, DC. They're especially nice when they're all lit up with bright lights at night. One of my favorite monuments is the Lincoln Memorial.  When my family and I would go to visit relatives in DC it was nice to go and see the monuments with them. I really like the Lincoln Memorial best. If you've never been to see it, it's this big temple-like memorial with a huge statue of Lincoln sitting on a chair in the middle of it and I think the Gettysburg Address is written on the wall  of the memorial I used to like to sit on the steps of the memorial and look out over the National Mall and people watch. Even if there were a lot of people visiting the memorial when we were there, somehow I always felt peaceful there somehow. Plus I liked learning about Lincoln in school, I always liked (and still like) learning about history. So when  I think about President's Day I think of that monument and  I feel happy!

I'm standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial with the Washington Monument in the background.  This picture was taken a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment