Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Simple gifts

The composer Aaron Copeland was born today in 1900 and he composed a version of the song Simple Gifts which I think is rather beautiful. Although Copeland's version doesn't have words, the words to the actual song are below. To me, this song is about counting your blessings and seeing all that is good in your life. I post this song here today in honor of my friend Ann who retired from working at a home care agency that is in the office below the office where I work.  When I said goodbye to her she gave me a small picture with the words "Count your blessings" written on it. Ann and this song remind me to always be grateful for all that I have in life. I wish everyone the happiest of Wednesdays and an even happier Thursday to come!

Simple Gifts
Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gained,
To bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right


No comments:

Post a Comment