Saturday, February 23, 2019

Hallelujah

The composer George Frideric Handel was born today in 1685. When I think of him I always think about this piece of music he composed called the "Messiah." It's this really grand sounding (although perhaps rather heavy) classical piece of music or oratorio if you want to get technical.  The piece is all about the like of Jesus Christ. One part of that piece that I really like is the Hallelujah chorus because it's happy and I especially like singing it with a very large group of people. It's inspiring enough that sometimes sing-alongs are organized to sing either just this chorus or the whole Messiah piece. I found this clip of an orchestra singing the Hallelujah Chorus with their audience and I thought it was really cool. I've  always liked singing in choirs/with large groups of people because everything sounds better together and music is best when it's shared. Plus, when large groups of people sing this particular chorus it really does feel like a celebration. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, watch the clip below. Happy Saturday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment