Monday, February 4, 2019

Preserving a memory

"Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others."-Rosa Parks
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quoteys/rosa_parks_133228

The civil rights activist Rosa Parks was born today in 1913 and this quote makes me think of how it's important to preserve memories. I like keeping this blog because it allows me to write down things I remember so I can remember them and maybe someday some of those memories will live on in others. One thing I remember and I don't want to forget happened a few years back when I went with some friends to Boston and in order to celebrate my birthday we went to stand in Copley Square and we gave hugs to anyone who wanted one. What I also liked about that day was that everyone who walked by and saw what my friends and I were doing smiled. I had so much fun. It was just nice to see so many people happy and know that something I did helped them to feel happy. I feel like the best memories are happy memories and the memory I just described is one I want to keep safe in the hope that it lives on for a good while.


No comments:

Post a Comment