Thursday, March 31, 2022

CODA

 I finally saw the movie CODA which is a movie about a young woman named Ruby who can hear but whose parents and brother are all Deaf. The movie tells the story of how Ruby interprets for her family members and also how she has a beautiful voice and wants to pursue singing in college. I really liked the movie especially because its cast members were actually Deaf in real life. This is a big deal because for to long,  actors without disabilities have played people with disabilities in movies and on TV. So I was even happier to learn that CODA had won 3 Oscars at this year's Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Supporting Actor awards. I really liked the speech given by Troy Kotsur for Best Supporting Actor. It was the first time that a Deaf actor has won an Academy Award and I trust there will be more to come. If you haven't seen CODA, it's well worth watching. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always. 



No comments:

Post a Comment