Sunday, June 19, 2022

Fun memory with my dad

As it's Father's Day I thought I'd share a fun memory I Have with my Dad. I remember one birthday when I turned 4 or 5, my parents invited my whole class (10 kids) to our house for a party. We each made little pizzas and while the pizzas cooked, my  Dad was tasked with hiding Easter eggs in our yard so that we could hunt for them while the the pizzas cooked. As my birthday was close to Easter that year, my Mum somehow persuaded my Dad to dress up in a San Francisco Chicken costume. She'd meant him to dress up as the Easter Bunny but she couldn't find a costume for it. Anyway, my Dad, being the good sport that he is, willingly dressed up as a chicken and allowed us kids to chase him around our yard  after we'd found all the eggs and were waiting for the pizzas to be ready. I always remember that party being a pretty fun birthday. Although I'm not sure my Dad had the best time that day, to this day I think it was so nice that he was willing to dress up in a costume and allow himself to be chased around by a bunch of little kids just so they and I could have a fun time. So I share this story here to say Happy Father's Day to my Dad and all Dads who are willing to go (or run) the extra mile just so their kids have a fun time.  I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment