Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Disability Pride

 It's Disability Pride Month and so I thought I'd write about why I'm rather proud to have a disability. I think in many ways having a disability has shaped who I am and how I view people and the world generally. Iy'm proud that having a disability has allowed me to be part of a community of many great people that also have disabilities and who I care about very much. I'm proud that having a disability has motivated much of what I do and I'm proud that I can advocate to help make things better for others with disabilities. Wherever you're reading this, whatever difficulties you might face, that you're about to view them as opportunities and feel proud of yourself when you realize those opportunities. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment