Saturday, November 12, 2022

Rights

The women's rights activist Elizabeth Cady Stanton was born today in 1815. When I think about this I think of how many people had to really fight for the rights that I as a woman with a disability now enjoy.  I vote in elections and I'm able to work to help other people with disabilities because before I was born other people fought to make sure people with disabilities get the support they need to get an education and get jobs. While I do realize that not everyone has the rights that I can enjoy, I work to protect and increase the rights people with disabilities can and should have. Wherever you're reading this, if you feel your rights aren't protected, I hope you take action to ensure you have the rights you need to live a good life. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment