Saturday, April 4, 2015

A beautiful wedding!

I just came back from the wedding reception of my friend Sara and her now husband Mazen. Although I believe all wedding receptions are great fun, this one was especially so! The bride and groom are both Lebanese and in addition to traditional food, the reception also had traditional dancers with drums and chanting and a lot of joy!  Most of the speeches and songs were in Arabic. Nevertheless I could still feel the happiness in the language and the music.  To me happiness is a language that can be understood by everyone, no matter what. Plus, happiness is contagious. I came away from the event feeling a sense of joy because I'm so pleased for Sara and Mazen. I'm glad I was able to share in their day of joy and I wish them both every imaginable happiness as they start their new life together. This post is dedicated to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment