Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Things I was once afraid to do

"Always do what you are afraid to do."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've found that although fear started out to me as being a negative thing, doing things that I was once afraid to do has actually led to some of the more fun experiences in my life. For starters when I was younger I was really afraid of learning to ride a bike. I did eventually learn and it's something I still like to do. At one point I did end up biking 500 miles which was also fun. I also used to be afraid of leaving my family and my home and now I do live far away from them and although I feel that my heart will always be with my family, I am better for the experience of living in  a big city. I've found that in doing things that scare me I do end up feeling slightly stronger than I was before. So here's to doing scary things!

No comments:

Post a Comment