Sunday, October 2, 2016

A song for my family

I heard this song today called "Still" by Sting and somehow the lyrics reminded me of my family, especially this part of the song that goes like this:

If I caught the world in a bottle
And everything was still beneath the moon
Without your love would it shine for me?
If I was smart as Aristotle
And understood the rings around the moon
What would it all matter if you loved me?
Here in your arms where the world is impossibly still
With a million dreams to fulfill
And a matter of moments until the dancing ends
Here in your arms when everything seems to be clear
Not a solitary thing would I fear
Oh, if I caught the world in an hourglass
Saddled up the moon and we would ride
Until the stars grew dim
Until the time that time stands still, Until...

I realize this is a romantic love song but these lyrics made me think of how my world has more light in it because of my family. It means the world to me to know that they love me and I will never stop loving them. I know that especially when I was younger and I was in my parents arms as they hugged me, time did seem to stand still as I felt so safe. I still feel that sense of safety now. They always encourage me to dream and never doubted my ability to reach my dreams as long as I was willing to put forth the effort. One hope that I believe I'll always have and that I'll always work for, is to be a credit to my family. I'm so proud to be my parents' daughter and sister to a wonderful sister and brother. They all mean more to me than my words and writing could ever express. 


No comments:

Post a Comment