Monday, January 22, 2018

A nice outing to the ballet

The ballet composer George Balanchine was born today in 1904. Learning about him reminded me of a time when I was able to see a performance of the Sleeping Beauty ballet. I used to read to a woman named Mrs. Carter who was blind and in her 90's. She has sadly passed away but she was a lovely person who enjoyed the ballet. She had gradually lost her sight during old age but she could still see a little if things were close to her eyes. One day as a treat she took me to see the Sleeping Beauty ballet. It was really beautiful and I think it was the first time I'd really seen a professional ballet performance other than the Nutcracker. I always like seeing people dance and ballet really is beautiful. Although  miss Mrs. Carter, whenever I think of the ballet, I think of her and smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment