Saturday, January 13, 2018

Fun big words

I've always liked languages and big words just because they sound fun. Just for the heck of it, here are a few of them.

Absquatulate: It means to leave abruptly. (This word became an inside joke in my family. For reasons I don't remember, it makes all of us laugh.)

Apotheosis: It means the highest point in development of something. It just sounds like an appropriately good strong word. (I heard about it in a description of a musical piece from the Nutcracker Ballet.)

Befuddle: It means to make someone be unable to think clearly.  I just like the way the word sounds.

Euphoria: It means a feeling of intense happiness.  It just sounds like a happy word.

Quixotic: It means very idealistic/unrealistic. I like the word because it's named after Don Quixote which is all about a man who believed in the impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment