Saturday, September 8, 2018

The power of a good book

"I've never known any trouble than an hour's reading didn't assuage."-Arthur Schopenhauer

I've always loved books and although reading may not solve every single one of my problems immediately,  I too believe that it can be extremely helpful in taking my mind off the trouble for a little while so I can come back to it with fresh eyes and work more effectively to resolve whatever is wrong.  With a good book I can escape into another world for a while and when I finish it, my world somehow seems better. I hope that everyone has at least one book they really enjoy. For me, that book is called "A Town Like Alice" by Neville Shute. It's a book about a woman who faces many struggles but comes out happier because of her experiences. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment