Sunday, February 9, 2020

An answer to irritation

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."-Carl Jung

I like the idea that good things can come of irritation. I do find that most of the time when I'm irritated with someone or something someone did it's mostly because whatever is irritating me is a fault that I find in myself that I don't like. However, it's rather comforting to know that even irritation is an opportunity for growth.  It used to irritate me when I saw people trying to do something they wanted to do and then giving up in their attempts. I came to realize that there were times when I gave up on things I wanted to do sometimes and that was really what irritated me. However it's nice to know that there are things I can go back and retry and hopefully learn to enjoy. Anyway, if something is irritating you I hope that you can find something in that irritation that you can grow from. I send you best wishes and much love always.

No comments:

Post a Comment