Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Things I'm against

"One-fifth of the people are against everything all the time." -Robert Kennedy 

This quote somehow made me think of things I'm against all the time Aside from the more serious things like war and generally anything that causes suffering,  I find that I am all the time against the following things:

  • Peas-I can't stand them although I will persevere and swallow them down like medicine if I must and I suppose they do have some nutritional v.
  • Being grumpy-it's just exhausting to me although for a tiny space of time it can be stress relieving.
  • The last cookie or other food item on a plates people bring to share. I can't take the last item on a shared plate without feeling guilty for doing so. First I think well, if I take this last item then other people can't have it, but then if the last item doesn't get eaten it might get thrown away then no one can have it and I'll still feel bad.  That whole thought process makes me tired. I admit though that despite my scruples I have on occasion taken the last food item on a shared plate!
  • High heels -although I admit I do wear them and they look nice, they're difficult to walk in and every time I do wear them I wonder whatever possessed me to do so. 
  • Books with sad endings-I admit I do read them and yes I do realize that things don't always end happily, but I just can't help liking books that do end happily. Sometimes I find myself reading the beginning pages of a book and then the last few just because I think if the beginning  of a book is  happy but the ending is sad things must all go down hill in the middle so I spare myself that heartache.
Anyway,  although I'm against the things listed above, it's a short list because as much as I am against the things I've mentioned, I like to, at the very least make an attempt find the good in all things. Doing so just makes life more fun to me. Anyway, as always I send everyone best wishes now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment