Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day in the US! I celebrate my Mum because she really is a lovely person and she's always been a very supportive, kind and loving person and I love her very much. I've learned (and continue to learn, a great deal from her and one of the nicest things she's instilled in me is a love of music.  So in celebration of Mother's Day, I thought I'd write down all the songs my Mum (and I) like best. (Just for the heck of it.)

  • Someone to Watch Over Me by George Gershwin: Because my Mum watches over all her family.
  • Nessun Dorma (As sung by Pavarotti): My Mum and I like this because one day we were driving along in the car and this song came on the radio and my Mum said, this singer doesn't sound like he's doing so well, it doesn't sound right. Then the announcer came on and said "That was Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma" I said "Well, it must have been one of his off days." and then we both started laughing.
  • "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera-We both think it's pretty.
  • "The Sun Has Got His Hat On" -My Mum used to sing the refrain of this song to me and my siblings a lot when we were small. (To listen to the actual song follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDIpkz6DOi8.)
  • Nice Work If You Can Get It · Frank Sinatra -I always know my Mum is happy when she starts singing the words nice work if you can get it.  
I wish all mothers (and especially my Mum) a very Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment