Sunday, April 30, 2017

I am not my hair...

It's the singer Akon's birthday and as a result I thought I'd write about a song he sang with India Arie that I really like called "I am not my hair." It really spoke to me because to me it's about being comfortable in your own skin (or hair.) I realize there'a lot more to it but it makes me think of how much I feel like even if sometimes I wish I could be someone else. When I think about that, as much as things might be hard, and as much as I want to continue to improve and grow (and I do work towards all that) deep down, I know I wouldn't want to be anyone else. I hope everyone can find something in themselves that they like being. I really believe there's so much good in people and that's what I love most about people. I hope people always keep that goodness and be proud of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment