Thursday, December 14, 2017

A very good speech

King George XI  was born today in 1895 and I'm writing about him now because I like the fact that he and his family were symbols of resistance and empowerment. Despite a speech impediment he gave many speeches and visited many bomb damaged parts of London to boost morale during World War II.  I saw the movie The King's Speech and I really liked it because it showed how he struggled with his impediment and the oncoming World War II and seemed to come out stronger for the things he faced. One speech I like that he gave was a speech at the start of the war that was meant to rally the British people and prepare them for the coming war. I like the speech because despite the difficulty and dangers it described, it still left room for a lot of hope for the future. It symbolizes to me that hope endures long after struggles end.


No comments:

Post a Comment