Thursday, August 16, 2018

Be not afeared!

"Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again." -Caliban from Shakespeare's The Tempest

I always rather liked Shakespeare's plays (although I didn't always understand them.) Anyway, I like this passage particularly because to me, it's about not being afraid of things and using that lack of fear to hear and see more of life's good and sometimes mysterious things. So I encourage all who read this to be not afeared and see what awesome things can come from not being afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment