Sunday, August 19, 2018

First flight

The aviator Orville Wright was born today in 1871 and as he and his brother are credited for inventing and building the first plane, this got me thinking about the first plane flight I remember taking.  My parents took me and my siblings to see my mum's parents in England and I must have been about 5. This was before 9/11 so people were a lot more flexible about allowing kids to go in the  cockpit to see the pilot (especially if you were cute little kids.) Anyway, because my siblings and I were cute little kids, I remember we all got excited because the flight attendants gave us wing pins and they let us go see the pilot.  I remember going into the cockpit and thinking  it was cool that the sky looked so blue and big stretched out before us. I  also remember thinking  that in all my life I'd never seen so many buttons to press and I wanted to press them all at once. (I guess for the plane and other passengers) my siblings and I were shepherded out of the cockpit in about 5 minutes.) Anyway, since that time I've always rather liked flying and seeing the sky so blue. The next time I fly in a plane, I hope it'll be to someplace I've never been, just because I like a bit of adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment