Sunday, July 21, 2019

A tribute to Robin Williams

The actor Robin Williams was born today in 1951 and I always rather like his movies. One of the movies he in that he starred in that I particularly like is called Patch Adams and it's about a doctor who finds creative ways to treat patients through helping them to laugh and feel more joy. Patch Adams is a real person and runs the Gsundheit Institute which you can read about here (https://www.patchadams.org/).  Anyway, in the movie, there's a scene where Robin Williams as Patch Adams visits a children's ward at a hospital where he's learning to be a doctor. He's shown making the kids laugh and it's really a nice scene that you can watch below. It made me think of all the doctors that found ways to help me feel better about being in the hospital when I was very young. I hope that doctors everywhere whose patients are children go out of their way to help kids laugh, if only because laughter is the best medicine!


No comments:

Post a Comment