Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Joy in helping

“I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.” – Kahlil Gibran

 I find a lot of joy in helping people. Seeing people happy (or having the idea of people being happy) and having the hope that perhaps something I did played a part in bringing about that happiness is really a lovely feeling. In many ways, by helping people I find I gain things in return. Helping someone with a task has also helped me learn new skills or to examine other points of view on an issue that I hadn't considered before. I figure the more we help each other, the better off and possibly happier we all can be. If you find there is something you can do to help someone else, I hope that you choose to do that thing as doing  things to help someone could turn out to be some of the best things you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment