Friday, August 26, 2016

It's National Dog Day!

I love dogs. Growing up, I can't remember an extended period of time when my family didn't have a dog. The current dog my family has is Dougal and he's a border collie. (He got the name Dougal because my Mum liked this Children's BBC show called the Magic Roundabout which has a dog named Dougal in it.) Our dog Dougal is a funny dog. He loves  Frisbees. When you throw a Frisbee at him, he'11 start out running to catch the Frisbee even before you throw it. Then, when he realizes the Frisbee is behind him he'11 try to double back and fall over in the process but he  still always grab sthe Frisbee and brings it back so it can be thrown again. He's really smart too about his Frisbee, if he wants someone to play with him he'll push his Frisbee underneath a car in our driveway and bark and bark and bark until someone gets it out from under the car and then of course, has to throw it to him. I also love Dougal because he's protective, maybe that's the sheepdog in him. I notice that whenever someone comes to our house (especially the UPS guys) he barks like crazy and looks mean but I've never seen him hurt anyone. It's just a matter of trust. He's a lovely dog and I miss him as he lives in Michigan with my family. However, I do believe that people and things we love are always with us in spirit. Thus, Dougal is always with me, along with all my family, in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment