Friday, July 21, 2017

Americans with Disabilities Act celebration today!

It's the 27th anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act which prohibits discrimination the basis of disability. Today I was able to go to a celebration of this anniversary at Dunn State Park in Gardner, MA. It was a super fun day. The event had nice music, food and fun activities like kayaking and hiking which I took advantage of. I was also able to see some of my good friends that I hadn't seen for a while and I met other great people as well including Tom McCarthy who is the Director of Boston's Universal Access Program that works to make sure people with disabilities in Boston have access to outdoor activities like kayaking, boating, camping, and hiking.  What I like best about these events is that they showcase ways that people with disabilities can and should be included in all aspects of society. Everyone has the right to enjoy life to the fullest and since the ADA helps so many people to live full lives, it's a law that should be well celebrated!



No comments:

Post a Comment