Monday, July 24, 2017

Art to remember a friend

I've been taking an art class over the summer that was organized by the Epilepsy Foundation New England.  Last Saturday was the last class which involved an exhibition of the art we'd done over the past weeks. In the picture below I'm standing next to a picture of a phoenix I created in honor of one of my friends who died recently. I like the bird because to me it shows how people we love never leave us and continue to exist in our memories. In that way, I know my friend will always be with me. I figured that a phoenix would be a good way to remember my friend as she was the type of woman who would probably have liked to go out of this world in a blaze of glory! So I dedicate this post and the picture I painted to my friend Mary Rand. I'll see you again someday. 










No comments:

Post a Comment