Monday, February 28, 2022

CODA

 I was so pleased to learn today that the movie CODA, which is a movie about a coming of age story of a girl who can hear but is the child of two Deaf adults, received a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. I though it was so great that actors who are Deaf were chosen to act in the movie. I feel that too often movies about people with disabilities often only include actors with no disabilities. That's why I'm so happy that in this movie, Deaf people are portrayed by individuals who are actually Deaf. Plus, I liked the acceptance speech that the actress Marlee Martin gave  for winning the award. I include it below because it was so nice.  Anyway, please check out this movie on Apple TV. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always.



No comments:

Post a Comment