Saturday, February 19, 2022

On record players

 Today in 1878 Thomas Edison was granted a patent for the gramophone. Learning this fact got me thinking about how much I love music and how when I was little my parents had an old record player that I loved. The first record I remember them playing for me was music from the movie The Sound of Music. I remember it being really fun to listen to. I don't actually know what happened to that machine in the end but I still like the music from the movie the Sound of Music. It makes me happy to hear it. So in a way, I think records started my love of music and so I'm grateful for gramophones, record players and Thomas Edison by extension. I hope wherever you are reading this, that there is a lot of music in your life. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment