Monday, February 21, 2022

On President's day

It's President's Day in the US and that got me thinking about how I'm glad I can vote and serve on my local Commission on Disability and thus, have a voice in decisions that impact others, hopefully for the better. In terms of getting anywhere near where a president might be, when I was in college, I was given the opportunity to get a tour of the West Wing of the White House with some friends. My favorite part of the tour was going to the press room. We all took turns standing at the podium in the press room and taking pictures and a lot of laughter was involved. Somehow, whenever I think of President's Day I also think of that White House tour because it was a really good time and it was lovely being with good friends. Wherever you are reading this, I hope that you have many good times and good friends to enjoy those times with. I send everyone best wishes and much love now and always. 






No comments:

Post a Comment