Monday, August 28, 2017

To help kids learn about the goodness in the world

For  a good many years when I was younger, my parents would read to my siblings and me before we went to bed. So when I found an article recently about some children's books that show kids the goodness that exists in the world, I had to share the list with you all. The article with the list can be found here: http://www.readbrightly.com/childrens-books-show-kids-goodness-world/?ref=PRH1C2150946C&aid=randohouseinc22932-20&linkid=PRH1C2150946C

Although this book isn't on the list, one book that my mum read to me when I was younger and has stuck in my mind in reminding me about the goodness in the world, is a book called The Railway Children by E. Nesbit. It's about a family where a mother and her children who live in England suddenly have to move to a small village the English countryside because their father is suddenly and inexplicably called away to some unknown place. Anyway, the village where the mother and children relocate is next to a railway and the children have all sorts of adventures involving said railway. I like the book because each adventure that the children experience in some way shows the goodness that exists in the people they meet. Plus, I like how everything comes out right in the end.  That book showed me that even if things are difficult, so many good things can come out of the more difficult situations in life and that's what makes life worth it to me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment