Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Tchaikovsky!

Today is Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's birthday. (He created the music for the Nutcracker Ballet, the Swan Lake, Ballet, the 1812 Overture and much more.) If it were humanly possible, he'd be 174 years old today. I celebrate the anniversary of his birthday because I think his music is beautiful and often very encouraging. I like the Nutcracker because it makes me think of Christmas and my family. I like the Swan Lake Ballet because the hopeless romantic in me thinks of princes and princesses dancing with each other and being happy. The 1812 overture makes me think of fireworks and triumph over disaster. I listen to it and it makes me think that no matter what might happen, I can get through it and listen to encouraging music like that while doing so!



No comments:

Post a Comment