Saturday, December 15, 2018

A fun evening seeing Christmas lights

This evening I had the opportunity to go with a really nice group of people to see the Christmas lights that have been set up in Boston. I always like seeing Christmas lights and Christmas trees as they always make me feel happier. This particular trip was especially nice because I was able to go with some friends to see the lights. The event was organized by the Epilepsy Foundation New England and I always have a lot of fun at their events as they give me an opportunity to see friends that I don't always get to see regularly. Anyway, in terms of Christmas lights this evening I really liked seeing the lights on the Christmas tree that's given to Boston each year by the people of Nova Scotia. In 1917 there was  a terrible explosion in Halifax and Boston sent aid to Nova Scotia and as a thank you, ever since that event Nova Scotia sends Boston a Christmas tree. I like the story because it shows how good people can be to each other, even if they've never personally met each other.  Holidays to me are all about being kind to people and this Christmas tree exemplifies that and that's why I like it best!

No comments:

Post a Comment