Saturday, December 1, 2018

Profanity

The other day I was with a friend and she started laughing because I'd said "shit." She said she thought it was funny when I swore and then I started laughing and forgot what I was bothered about. I rather like using profanity although I don't do it a lot. When I do say something especially profane I'm glad it makes people laugh because as that helps me to laugh and then I don't think so much about why I was upset in the first place. I think people use profanity when other "more polite" words don't really express what they're feeling. Even if such words can sound harsh, a part of me wishes people would just use these words to express anger or frustration rather than hurting other people. But as things stand, as long as I can make people laugh by saying words that are impolite I fully intend to swear whenever the f*** I feel the need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment