Monday, December 31, 2018

A lovely trip to Copenhagen!

I got back yesterday from a  trip to Copenhagen with my parents and sister to see my brother who lives there. We travelled all over Copenhagen and saw Nyhavn which is a waterfront canal and we went to see the Tivoli gardens, the outside of the Amalienborg Palace (where the Danish royal family lives) and of course, the statue of the Little Mermaid (as Hans Christian Andersen who wrote the Little Mermaid was born in Denmark,) My favorite thing we saw in Denmark was the Kronborg castle which just outside of Copenhagen and where Shakespeare's play Hamlet is set. It's one of the most important Renaissance castles in Northern Europe It's really beautiful as it has all these paintings and tapestries which were lovely to see as I love history and art.  It was also nice to celebrate my brother's birthday a little early as it's actually today.  Anyway, it was a lovely trip and I'm glad I got the chance to go to Denmark. To all who read this, if you ever have a chance, I hope that you visit Denmark!

Me in front of Kronborg Castle
In front of the Little Mermaid statue

My brother, father and sister inside Kronborg

No comments:

Post a Comment