Tuesday, December 4, 2018

On Learning Danish


One Part of My Brain: Ok, I want to challenge myself.
Another Part of My Brain: Just learning Danish slowly isn't challenging enough by itself?
One Part of My Brain: No, of course not!
Another Part of Maggie's Brain: I think learning how to say "Hello" "Goodbye" "please" "thank you" "Do you speak English?" "Help, I'm lost" would be a start.
One Part of My Brain: "Godmorgan, goddag, godafen (good morning, good day, good evening" ver saw venlee (please) tak (thanks) Manya tak (many thanks) Tailor doo eng'glsk (do you speak English?) Yelp, Ya'ee air far'red veel (help, I'm lost).
Another Part of My Brain: Well, it's a start.
One Part of My Brain: Oooh, I have an idea! Let's try turning our phone's language to Danish and see if that's helpful.
Another Part of My Brain: Let's not do that and just pretend we did.
One Part of My Brain: Oh fun spunge, where's your sense of adventure?
Another Part of Maggie's Brain: Still trying to master how to say "help, I"m lost"
One Part of Maggie's Brain: While you're busy doing that I'm just going to go ahead and fiddle with the phone for a bit.
Another Part of My Brain: Oh please don't.
One Part of My brain: Too late! Now the phone's language is set to "Danske"! It's so exciting!
[After fiddling around with the phone for a few minutes]
One Part of Maggie's Brain: MUST CHANGE LANGUAGE BACK TO ENGLISH! ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION!
Another Part of My Brain: Told you this would happen!
One Part of My Brain: Oh phoey on you, help me change the language back.
Another Part of My Brain: Just search for "English" in the search box thingy.
One Part of My Brain: Ah saved! Back to English now. Well, that was worth a try anyway.
Another Part Of Maggie's Brain: Cheer up, here's a website that is all about learning Danish and it has a Minion on it. (https://www.kbh-sprogcenter.dk/en/blog/hello-and-goodbye-in-danish/)
One Part of Maggie's Brain: Minions speak Danish! OMG, OMG, OMG!

My quest to learn Danish continues slowly but I am really super excited to be going to Denmark in 2 weeks with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment