Sunday, January 20, 2019

A beacon for sunlight

"I don't think there's anything on this planet that more trumpets life that the sunflower. For me that's because of the reason behind its name. Not because it looks like the sun but because it follows the sun. During the course of the day, the head tracks the journey of the sun across the sky. A satellite dish for sunshine. Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that's such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life." -John Clarke from the movie Calendar Girls

Fun fact: Apparently, according to this article (http://tinyurl.com/yalwnrlr), sunflowers follow the sun to help them grow and attract insects so they can be pollinated. That aside, I always quite liked sunflowers because they always seem so cheerful and they never cease to cheer me up if ever I feel less than upbeat. Whatever makes you feel happiest I hope that today brings you lots of opportunities to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment