Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Always be kind

"Wherever there is a human being there is an opportunity for kindness." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

One thing I love most about people is that everyone has the capacity to be kind. For example, today I read about a high school baseball team that started doing a random act of kindness challenge which they called a RAKE challenge (Random Acts of Kindness and Empowerment challenge).  Apparently various youth sports teams are doing this challenge throughout New Mexico which I thought was pretty cool.  Anyway, the team featured in this article (http://tinyurl.com/ya3sqq6u) helped out cafeteria workers in their school by preparing meals and delivered doughnuts to the staff at the school's front office. What I like about the story and the acts of kindness that these students performed, is the idea that each act builds upon each other act and can together make a big difference in people's lives.  This idea makes me believe that, despite all the bad things that might exist in our world, the fact that people can be kind and do kind things for others gives me hope for the future. Wherever you are reading this, I wish you a very happy Tuesday!


Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/lucius_annaeus_seneca_106288

No comments:

Post a Comment