Monday, January 21, 2019

Love is a force

"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I know that I go on about love quite a bit but it's because I feel like people don't talk about it enough. The way I see it, love is a topic you can never really exhaust. Plus there are examples in literature (think Romeo and Juliet) and in life. I read just the other day about 2 soldiers that had been enemies in World War II and they are now friends years later. (You can read more about them here: http://tinyurl.com/y76shevq). The story reminds me of something someone once said to me about how anger and hatred seem to come from pain and people feel pain because things they care about have been harmed in some way.  So in this way, love is even at the root of pain and consequently anger and hatred by extension.  To me love is at the root of all things. In that spirit, I send much love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment