Sunday, July 19, 2020

Good trouble

"Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month or a yea, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble."-Rep. John R. Lewis

I really like this quote from Representative John R. Lewis, a civil rights icon and Representative from Georgia. He died last week but I'm glad he can be remembered for his actions and for quotes like this one. He struggled so much to promote civil rights and equality and I think this quote really speaks to his legacy. I hope wherever you are reading this I hope that you stay in good trouble, make lots of noise and do things to stand up for whatever it is that you want to change for the better. I send you best wishes and much love always.


No comments:

Post a Comment