Sunday, September 17, 2017

Interesting sayings

Since Sunday is typically a moral day so that got me thinking about sayings and words of wisdom I still think are slightly odd, here are a few, just for the heck of it:

  • "When the going get's tough, the tough get going." That saying always made me wonder where the tough people went when things got difficult, did they run the other way or something?
  • "Bite the bullet"- It just seems to me that if you have to face something unpleasant I wouldn't add explosives into the mix.
  • "More than you can shake a stick at" -the only logical way I'd see the point of shaking a stick is if you were an old lady and you wanted to express your frustration with someone.
  • "Rub the wrong way." Is it possible to rub someone the right way?
  • "Waking up on the wrong side of the bed" Obviously whoever made up this quote should not sleep on the left side of the bed. (So they would always get up on the right side of it!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment