Tuesday, September 16, 2014

If I had unlimited hours and never got tired....

I was thinking today of how I wished I had loads of hours in the day or maybe one of those devices in one of the Harry Potter books that turns back time  so you can have more of it. If I also never got tired and had unlimited resources, I got to thinking about all the things I'd want to do each day. Here are a few of the things I'd do if I had all the time I wanted:

  • Write more blog posts-they do take some time to write and I would like to write more each day.
  • Go to work and then hold a "Need A Hug?" event afterwards with a group of my friends-I've done that for my birthday since 2010 where I've given hugs to people who felt they wanted one. It's the best feeling for me to help someone feel good inside and people seem happier after a hug. (This is of course assuming everyone else had unlimited time as well and they were willing to do the hug event with me.) 
  • Go for a bike ride around Boston Common-it's beautiful and I've seen people doing it. (I'd get the bike from one of those bike share things they have throughout Boston now.)
  • Cook and invite people over to have dinner with me. 
  • Go to the gym -granted I should always make time for doing that-I just need to get and do it!
  • Read a book -as much of it as I wanted to read.
  • Volunteer at an event or for an organization I cared about. I'd really like to spend some more time doing that. 
  • Send postcards to everyone I know-I love getting postcards and I think people do in general-it's nice to get something in the mail like that. 
  • Join more groups and clubs to meet loads of people! 
  • Take some classes in a different language -I don't want to ever stop learning!
I realize I could do all of these things in small doses because let's face it, things might get a bit old if I did them every day. In that sense I'm glad I only have a certain amount of hours in a day -just so I can enjoy doing the things listed above more when I do them. I know I'll do these things, spread out over many days, just as I know each of the things listed will be bright spots in those days. One thing I do know that I must do every day no matter how much time I may or may not have, and that is -to make someone happy every day. If I can help even just one person to feel happy each day, then, in that sense, each day is a good day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment