Thursday, September 4, 2014

When I don't know what I'm doing.....

I've always enjoyed research. Maybe it's because I think a lot of interesting things happen when I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I got to thinking about it today because I work as a researcher as it's something I can do that makes me feel happiest.  There are times in my work when I feel like I don't know what I'm doing  and I face the unfamiliar.  However, I do find I discover more in situations like that. Maybe in some cases not knowing what one is doing can be a good thing. After all, in all the books I've read (I mean the fun non academic books mind you) the ones that are the most fun always seem to start out with people starting off into the unknown. Since I really don't have a good sense of direction in terms of geography ( I make getting lost an art form,) each day is a bit like going into the unknown for me. I always did like a bit of adventure. I hope that if you're reading this, wherever you are and whatever you end up doing in life, I hope you can find adventure in your life even if it means you don't always know what you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment